US DOT grants PAWA Dominicana exemption authority

News about this airline - please include a link to the source as well as the article text itself.
Web site: http://www.pawad.com.do/
User avatar
bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 30891
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006

US DOT grants PAWA Dominicana exemption authority

Unread post by bimjim » Sat Mar 12, 2016

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/ ... -authority

US DOT grants PAWA Dominicana exemption authority
11 March, 2016

Pan American World Airways Dominicana, better known as PAWA Dominicana (7N, Santo Domingo Las Américas), is set to commence scheduled passenger flights to the United States after the US Department of Transportation (DOT) last week renewed the carrier's exemption authority.

The carrier plans to serve San Juan Luis Muñoz Marin and Miami Int'l in the coming months, once additional dealings with the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) have been completed.

PAWA currently serves Antigua, Aruba, Curacao, Havana Int'l, and St. Maarten from its Santo Domingo Las Américas hub using a total fleet of two DC-9-30s, one MD-82, four MD-83s, and two MD-87s. One B757-200 is also due to arrive shortly.

According to DOT documents, PAWA is owned by Federico Rafael Fernandez Diaz, a Dominican citizen, with 37% while the remaining 63% is held by Clipper Aviation Services, S.A. (CASSA), a Dominican corporation owned by Simeon Garcia (99.9% ownership) and Rita Dolores Herrera de Ramirez (0.1% ownership).

Post Reply

Return to “PAWA Dominicana - Dominican Republic”