[Trinidad, COSTATT] Aviation School opens next month

bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Unread post by bimjim » Wed May 20, 2015

http://www.ttonline.org/aviation-school ... ext-month/

The first Aviation School in the Caribbean is expected to be opened in Chaguanas in June 2015.

This was announced by the Minister of Tertiary Education and Skills Training, Senator Fazal Karim, as he spoke with reporters at the UNC's Mobilization Forum in the Chaguanas East constituency.

"We are going to be building out the Board Room, the classrooms, the staff room and all the workshops on the lower part of the hangar because we now have two levels of the hangar with inside. The aircraft is ready to fly from the 727 jet from Piarco to Camden. We are now in the process of fixing the runway and we have already got Civil Aviation Authority approval and we have an assessment done on the existing runway and we are going to be building a taxiway from the runway into the hangar."

Minister Karim also told C News that the main campus of COSTATT will also be relocated away from Port of Spain to Chaguanas by September 2015. However, he said its presence will be maintained in the capital.

"On Wednesday at 10am, we will be doing the capping off ceremony for that facility which is going to be the only of that facility of its kind that caters for persons with disabilities. In addition to that, that campus was earmarked to register approximately 3,000 students in the first instance and what you will be seeing there at COSTATT presently is only on five acres of land. That is going to be expanded to include the other 25 acres of land. It's a total of 30 acres of land."

CaptainOD
Unranked
Unranked

Re: [Trinidad, COSTATT] Aviation School opens next month

Unread post by CaptainOD » Wed May 20, 2015

What kind of aviation school is it?? What programs will the school offer? Where's the information??

3,000 students in the first instance!!!! This sounds unrealistic.

This article is confusing... It seems as if they are building the campus, then they say the campus will be relocated from POS to Chaguanas.

bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Unread post by bimjim » Wed May 20, 2015

See if you can figure it out from their web site - but that's as useless and confusing as the article above!!
http://www.costaatt.edu.tt/

I'd say "typical Trini", but I know SOMEbody would tell me (again) how I am a Trini-hater. Yet if you look at the web sites of ANY of the regional bodies which are based in T&T they are all out of date and useless.

Personally, my advice would be to do your training in Canada or the US - or wait a few years until the Trinis get their act together. I hate being somebody's guinea pig and losing out on what should be professional training.

CaptainOD
Unranked
Unranked

Unread post by CaptainOD » Wed May 20, 2015

I'm currently attending school in the U.S.

Just wanted to be aware of what's going on in the Caribbean.

I was very careful of the words I used with me being Jamaican!! But I guess it's a Caribbean thing!!

Thanks anyways

Return to “Flying Schools / Flight Training”