New Sea Plane Service Provider Eyes BVI Market

News about this airline - please include a link to the source as well as the article text itself.
bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Unread post by bimjim » Wed May 04, 2011

http://preview.bviplatinum.com/news.php ... 1304511835#

BVI Platinum News
May 04, 2011
1304512036_5401b[1].jpg
VAST plans to utilize a Gruman Albatross sea plane
(18.39 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Virgin Air Sea Transport (VAST), a wholly owned company of AERODYN, Inc., LLC is a new passenger transport and cargo/freight airline in its formative stages and is planning to meet with the British Virgin Islands Government to offer their service locally.

Founder of VAST, Parag Merchant told BVI Platinum News that the airline is being organized to take advantage of a specific gap in the short-haul domestic transport of passengers goods and cargo market within the Caribbean Islands.

He explained that there is a specific gap that exists in low cost transport services in and out of the USVI and BVI.

So far, Merchant said that the company has held talks with the USVI officials, but noted that the BVI will be an ideal location to base the service because of its strategic position to neighboring islands.

"I want to understand the international ramifications of flying out of the BVI as oppose the USVI. However, I was not familiar with the import/export of goods and services out of the BVI. I was familiar with the USVI regulations, so I used that as the primary basis. I prefer to fly out of the BVI so I can have a more centralized location that will enable me to fly more efficiently. Also, it depends on the volume of tourism that comes through BVI as against the USVI," Merchant stated.

The company's mission is to fill the demand for VIP passenger transport services safely and securely to waterfront resorts. Merchant noted that VAST will also provide cargo delivery to major airports and seaports, as well as non aircraft accessible ports and rural areas on selected routes from the USVI and BVI.

The company also plans to provide vital services to the medical community in the region, with the capability for EMS transport between islands and mainland United States. Merchant said that VAST can also assist in the emergency evacuation of civilians during natural disasters.
1304512131_67507b[1].jpg
VAST has mapped three fly zones for the early stages of operation.
(21 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
The company should have been aiming to startup by June, but as a result of a major investor pull-out due to some personal economic issues linked to the global economic situation, the startup was delayed. However, Merchant said that the company is moving ahead with plans to startup by mid 2012.

Merchant explained that the company can fly all the way from Miami into any of the islands in the Virgin Islands. The business plan starts out with one aircraft that runs six days a week, two to three flights per day. The plans also include flying three zones in the Virgin Islands.

"Depending on the demand of the resorts, we can provide a scheduled service. What we will be able to do is to pick you up right at the airport in St. Thomas, fly you out from a runway and land right on the water and pull up at the dock where concierge and valet service will be waiting for you to offload your luggage and they are able to take you right to your hotel room without having to worry about taxis and other means to get you to your destination," Merchant explained.

The company plans to utilize a Grumman Albatross aircraft in the initial stages, with plans to increase the fleet based on the demand.

Return to “Virgin Air Sea Transport - VAST”