bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

[Barbados] Director of Civil Aviation points to concerns

Unread post by bimjim » Tue Jun 05, 2012

http://www.barbadosadvocate.com/newsite ... wsID=25126

[Barbados] Director of Civil Aviation points to concerns
6/5/2012
      Director of Civil Aviation, Mitchinson Beckles (right) making a point to Minister of International Business and International Transport, George Hutson.
Director of Civil Aviation, Mitchinson Beckles has made a call for several initiatives to be discussed and addressed during the meeting of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) and the 33rd Eastern Caribbean Working Group Meeting, which is being held here in Barbados this week.

His comments came as he delivered welcome remarks during the opening ceremony of the meeting which is taking place at the Savannah Hotel. The Civil Aviation Director lamented that for some time now, the Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) Committee has struggled to function, as only two states have been contributing to the work of the Committee and he is hopeful that that matter will be given the required attention during this week’s meeting.

“It therefore gives me great pleasure to welcome you to develop a working programme with schedules of events for radar data sharing; also I welcome you to develop a work programme with schedules of events for the transitioning of the region to the ICAO’s new flight plan format. Again, I welcome you to establish a programme with schedules of events to transition the Eastern Caribbean region to GNSS [Global Navigation Satellite System] technology, develop state’s performance based navigation implementation plans and to encourage the Trinidad and Tobago Civil Aviation Authority to publish the long overdue circular of transitioning the region to GNSS by 2015,” he said.

Beckles also encouraged the delegates, who are drawn from across the Caribbean, to review the ICAO training programme for the next generation for Eastern Caribbean aviation professionals and to develop timetables to facilitate that training.

islandflyer
Engineer 4
Engineer 4

Re: [Barbados] Director of Civil Aviation points to concerns

Unread post by islandflyer » Tue Jun 05, 2012

The most interesting thing about this article, is the eye-patch that 'ole George is wearing. Is that part of his 'Pirates of the Caribbean' band costume for Crop Over? Or is he planning an A-Team raid during upcoming elections? Or did he get stabbed in the eye by a piece of shrimp?

Other than that, I am also concerned, Mr. Beckles... concerned that it is so many, many, many years that BCAD was waiting for an overhaul, that noone in the region works together, that Barbados is still CAT2, that we still can't seem to get the right people hired for the work to be done...and that 'oversight' in reality means 'to not see, look at, observe, or comprehend, what is directly in front of your face'.

My question, to either of the learned gentlemen seated at the table... if REDjet violated the conditions of its AOC (lack of funds) and had the licence pulled in a remarkably quick 4 days, why was not the same thing done to the other 'operator' who clearly is suffering from the same condition, and has been for years?

Enquiring minds want to know, but do not expect a response.

bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Unread post by bimjim » Tue Jun 05, 2012

I'm still knocking on that door for myself... but I was under the impression that Beckles was Acting... or was he Appointed?

What's the progress on the Barbados CAA legislation, anybody?

dashman
Unranked
Unranked

Unread post by dashman » Wed Jun 06, 2012

............Well shiver me timbers!!!!!!!!!!!.......

I don`t know what else to say, I`m speechless. I`ve seen it all (no pun intended). I mean seriously????

How the guy next to him can keep a straight face is beyond me. An eye-patch today, then a matching cape and power-rangers wrist band tomorrow?

What is the deal with Redjet? Anyone know anything? Any real chance of coming back?
" THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES"

Return to “DCA - Barbados”