-- Posts Summary: Airlines and Airports operating and not operating --

REDjet to sue the Barbadian government

News about this airline - please include a link to the source as well as the article text itself.
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airone_Caribbean
Web Site: http://www.flyredjet.com/
Started out in 2010 as Project named Air One
bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Unread post by bimjim » Thu Oct 04, 2012

http://rjrnewsonline.com/business/redje ... government

Thu October 4, 2012

Failed low budget airline, REDjet, is pressing ahead with plans to sue the Barbadian government following its collapse earlier this year.

REDjet suspended flights to Jamaica and other regional destinations in March citing major financial challenges.

A report in yesterday's issue of the Barbados Nation newspaper quoted REDjet Chairman Ian Burns as saying that the airline's lawyer will be writing to the Government soon.

During a meeting yesterday in Barbados, REDjet's creditors expressed dissatisfaction with the airline’s proposal to repay a minimum of 25 per cent of money owed them.

The results of a vote is to be submitted to court.

Earlier this year, the airline instructed its attorney to explore all options to sue the Government for reneging on its promise to support it.

However, Finance Minister Chris Sinckler denied that the administration had misled REDjet or failed to deliver on any promise to lend financial assistance.

bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: REDjet to sue the Barbadian government

Unread post by bimjim » Thu Oct 04, 2012

Maybe now we will get the facts.

Going by what I had seen and heard, various members of the Barbados government - politicians and civil servants - have been taking far too many liberties and indulging in far too much slackness (unprofessional behaviour), and when so much money and so many jobs are lost at one stroke (and not for the first time) I think we have come to a point where there must be an accounting, a change in attitudes and practices, if not a sea change in personnel.

And not just a change in the aviation portfolio but across the board in government as a whole. All that I hear about government in Barbados is that, for most, it is a place to grow fat and lazy, do as little as possible and demand as much as possible in return. A place where the citizen is not the reason for their existence and position but an interruption in their daily relaxation.

And this is the place where the phrase "good enough for government work" was coined - another phrase "where there is smoke there is fire" came about for a very good reason, so don't try to tell me that the vast majority of civil servants work long and hard at their tasks to keep the machinery of government a smoothly running engine.

So let us hear what really happened... I suspect a certain now-retired official may be wishing there is no official investigation about what he said and who he said it to.

Return to “REDjet - Barbados”