DOT finalizes Havana frequency allocations
24 April, 2018
The US Department of Transportation (DOT) has finalized its redistribution of Havana Int'l, Cuba traffic rights following a tentative announcement on March 31.
Following considerations, the DOT said in a statement on Friday, April 21, that as it had received no objections to its earlier decision, it had decided to allocate the four daily and six weekly available frequencies available for scheduled services between the United States and Havana, Cuba, as follows:
- - American Airlines: from Miami Int'l (1x daily);
- Delta Air Lines: from Miami (1x daily);
- jetBlue Airways: from Fort Lauderdale Int'l (6x weekly, Sunday-Friday);
- jetBlue Airways: from Boston (1x weekly, Saturday);
- Southwest Airlines: from Fort Lauderdale (1x daily);
- United Airlines/Mesa Airlines: from Houston Intc'l (6x weekly, Sunday-Friday).
- The DOT also granted Mesa exemption authority to operate the service on behalf of United.