bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

[Trinidad] Airports Authority launches new parking system at Piarco

Unread post by bimjim » Fri Apr 12, 2019

http://www.looptt.com/content/airports- ... tem-piarco

[Trinidad] Airports Authority launches new parking system at Piarco
1 April 2019

The Airports Authority of Trinidad and Tobago launched a new, automated car parking payment system at Piarco International Airport's Public Car Park.

The new system, 'Park-in' features automated ticketing any payment kiosks and provides users with advanced technological solutions which contribute towards enriching the customer experience at their airport facilities.

The 'Park-in' system constitutes multiple entry and exit machines and payment kiosks. Patrons will benefit from a user-friendly interface and more efficient processing and payment system which allows for added convenience, safer transactions and reduced queuing.

Kiosks will issue tickets on entry, accept payments at the Atrium and scan validated tickets to permit exit. The new system will also integrate a new wayfinding/guidance component that consists of strategically placed solar-powered devices to indicate parking spots with designated zones.

The 'Park-in' experience can be completed in four steps:

1. Retrieve a ticket from the ENTRY LANE machine at the public car park by pressing the identified button.

2. Select a vacant parking spot by using the digital signage for guidance.

3. When ready to depart, proceed to pay using cash or card at any of the 'Pay on Foot' kiosks located at the Atrium. (Patrons have 20 minutes to exit the public car park from the time payment has been made).

4. Scan your ticket at the EXIT LANE machine to exit the Car Park.

Airports Authority has confirmed that the car park rates will remain the same, but the issuance of pre-paid monthly passes will be discontinued with the implementation of the new system.

bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: [Trinidad] Airports Authority launches new parking system at Piarco

Unread post by bimjim » Sun Apr 14, 2019

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/airport- ... c8f6da2c64

[Trinidad] Piarco Airport pay kiosks crash after 2 days
Rishard Khan
Wed Apr 03 2019

The new au­to­mat­ed park­ing sys­tem at the Pi­ar­co In­ter­na­tion­al Air­port is down two days af­ter be­ing launched.

Park-In com­pris­es mul­ti­ple elec­tron­ic kiosks around the air­port to fa­cil­i­tate au­to­mat­ed pay­ment trans­ac­tions for park­ing at the air­port. The sys­tem was launched on Mon­day, how­ev­er, on Tues­day night four of the five kiosks lo­cat­ed in­side and out­side of the air­port atri­um were re­port­ed to be down. The sys­tem was im­ple­ment­ed to pro­vide safer trans­ac­tions and avoid long queues to ex­it the fa­cil­i­ty.

Cir­cu­lat­ing on so­cial me­dia on Tues­day night were pic­tures of dozens of peo­ple in long lines wait­ing to use the re­main­ing kiosk. The Air­ports' Au­thor­i­ty of Trinidad and To­ba­go (AATT) pro­vid­ed the fol­low­ing state­ment on the mat­ter to Guardian Me­dia:

“Air­ports Au­thor­i­ty of Trinidad and To­ba­go wish­es to apol­o­gise to cus­tomers for the in­con­ve­nience caused in us­ing the self-ser­vice car park pay­ment sys­tem at the Pi­ar­co In­ter­na­tion­al Air­port, for a short du­ra­tion on the evening of April 2nd, 2019.

"This was as a con­se­quence of nor­mal teething chal­lenges as­so­ci­at­ed with tran­si­tion­ing from a man­u­al to an au­to­mat­ed sys­tem. The Au­thor­i­ty has been im­ple­ment­ing so­lu­tions to avoid fur­ther in­ter­rup­tions to this ser­vice. We con­tin­ue to in­no­vate our sys­tems to im­prove your ex­pe­ri­ence at our air­ports.”

bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: [Trinidad] Airports Authority launches new parking system at Piarco

Unread post by bimjim » Sun Apr 14, 2019

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/lo ... d6930.html

New airport car park system: ‘issues fixed’
Anna Ramdass
Apr 3, 2019

The Airports Authority confirmed yesterday there were teething problems with its new automated car parking system at Piarco International Airport, but said the situation has been resolved.

In a release, the authority apolo­gised to customers for the inconvenience caused in using the self-service car park payment ­system at the airport for a short ­period of time on Tuesday evening.

“This was as a consequence of normal teething challenges ­associated with transitioning from a manual to an automated system.

“The authority has been implementing solutions to avoid further interruptions to this service. We continue to innovate our systems to improve your experience at our airport,” stated the release.

Return to “Airport News - Eastern Caribbean”