Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

[Trinidad] Gerald Hadeed heads new airports board

Unread post by bimjim » Fri Jan 06, 2012

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,153256.html

[Trinidad] Gerald Hadeed heads new airports board
By JANELLE DE SOUZA
Friday, January 6 2012
      WELCOME: Chairman of AATT, Gerald Hadeed, left, collecting his instrument of appointment from acting Minister of Transport, Chandresh Sharma, during yesterday's official ceremony of the installation of the new board at the Airports Administration Centre, South Terminal, Piarco International Airport.
      Author: ROGER JACOB
Newly appointed Chairman of the Airports Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (AATT), Gerald Hadeed, believes his board can realise the vision the Government has for the country’s airports with respect to customer service.

Hadeed made the statement yesterday at the official ceremony of the installation of the new board at the Administration Centre, South Terminal, Piarco International Airport.

Also receiving their instruments of appointment were Deputy Chairman Kurt Ajodha, Rishi Mahadeo, Carlyle Marks, Susan Charles Sylvester, Judith Baliram-Ramoutar, Premchan Sahadeo, Maria Gonsalves and Ruthven Goddard.

Handing out the appointments was acting Minister of Transport and Minister of Local Government, Chandresh Sharma, who welcomed the new board members and urged them to cooperate with each other. He also thanked the outgoing board, some of whom were present, for serving at “a very critical” time.

According to Hadeed, the new board is committed to the airports’ employees and tenants, as well as bringing passengers and customers the best service possible. “It is a great honour to serve the country in whatever way I can make a difference,” Hadeed told Newsday. “My entire life has been dedicated to people and customer service is my expertise so I hope people will be happy with whatever improvements are made.”

The previous board, headed by Vaman Bajnath, was officially dissolved on January 2, 2012 after several members resigned. When asked if he was hesitant to accept the post after hearing of the problems with the last board, Hadeed said, “I don’t know anything about the problems of the old board, but in all spheres of life there are problems. I don’t focus on the problems, but on the solutions. I just want to make a difference, and hope others can see the difference.”

Louis Frederick, general manager of the AATT noted that the goal of the Authority was to position itself competitively and advantageously within the international aviation industry, and to attract global investment.

Frederick noted that, in the last 12 months, the Authority has embarked upon several projects. These include the resurfacing of the runway in Tobago; the upgrade of the airfield lighting system at both airports, and infrastructural works at the North Aviation Business Park.

“We are indeed heartened for the variety of skills represented in our new board of directors, and look forward to the strategic leadership to position the Authority as the preferred place to do aviation-related business in the Caribbean.”

Return to “AATT - Airports Authority of Trinidad & Tobago”