[Final Flights] Gerald 'Gerry' Fredericks, 1955-2017

Remembering those who have logged one more takeoff than landings.
bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

[Final Flights] Gerald 'Gerry' Fredericks, 1955-2017

Unread post by bimjim » Sat Apr 14, 2018

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/en-ca/o ... ks-7674887

[Final Flights] Gerald Lawrence Fredericks
26 October, 1955 – 25 November , 2017

REMEMBERING
Gerald Lawrence Fredericks

16 December 2017
Deepest condolences and heartfelt sympathies to the family of Gerald Fredericks. During this difficult time may you each find comfort in the precious memories you once shared.

13 December 2017
Sincere condolences to the family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
A.Daff, A.Leila and all her children.
Desmond Fredericks

11 December 2017
Words cannot describe what I am feeling. On behalf of my family I give our condolences to his wife Betsy, daughter Gina, his mother, brother and sisters. We are saddened to hear of your sudden loss. May God rest his soul
Even though Gerry was my cousin I have known him as a friend for over 25 years while working in the field of aviation where I was an air traffic controller and he was an airline pilot. I remember the times we met outside of work in Guyana and Canada to hang out and have fun.
To say Gerry was a larger than life character would be an understatement. He will always be remembered and respected for his contribution to aviation and as a team player to those who worked him. His hard working, competitive style and skill were only surpassed by his incredible positive attitude towards life. I had always looked up to and admire his skill as a pilot, his vast knowledge and his respect for the rules. Gerry had always played by the rules and was meticulous in everything he did.
I am deeply pained and words are of no help in expressing the sorrow I feel at this moment.
Stella Fredericks Vieira

11 December 2017
Sincere condolences from my mum, sisters and myself.
Vernon Gheerawo

10 December 2017
I am very saddened and shocked by the passing of Gerry . My condolences to his wife and daughter; his mother, sisters and brother Andy.
It was a pleasure knowing Gerry , this conservative person who took his profession seriously, yet knowing when to have a good time with friends and his peers . I can still remember (like yesterday) all the fun times we shared in the Kitty, Campbellville and Murray St areas , whereby Gerry was always the responsible one in the group.
He will be certainly missed by all who knew him and by the aviation industry on the whole.
Gerry has made us all proud !
My thoughts and prayers are with the Fredericks family.
Michael Collins

9 December 2017
It came as a great shock to me when I learnt of the sudden passing of my friend, school mate and fellow pilotCaptain Gerald Fredericks . We shared many hours in the cockpit me under his command. Many will without hesitation attest to his ability to fly and his technical knowledge . I extend my condolences to his wife Betsy, his daughter Gina,, his mother, his brother and sisters. I last spoke to him about two weeks before when he was in Antigua May he rest in eternal peace
Moses Mitchell

9 December 2017
From the Moses. Bonita and the rest of the Mitchell family. In the Air Gerry was the consumate professional, in the social life Gerry was an informative debating personality. His untimely passing was indeed a shock, If there is to be any comforting thought in this tragedy is that his memory will live forever in my heart and in the heart of all who knew him. We each and all had memorable times with him.
May his soul rest in peace.
Raymond Shaw

7 December 2017
It was a great shock when I heard of his passing. My sympathy and condolences to his wife , child and to the Fredericks family. Gone too soon!!!
Capt. Hanley Sam

7 December 2017
What a sad day for me when I learnt of the passing of a very good friend , fellow pilot and colleague. To his wife Betsy and daughter Gina. To his Mom and Brother Andy my deepest condolences. I remember the times we had not only at work but hanging out in Guyana and Antigua. The cussing and carrying on the Roadsters, the one for the boys the happy times will live on in my memory. Not to forget the professionalism you brought to aviation. I became a better pilot by simply having you as a friend. Ive been comforting myself in the knowledge that you are in a better place. Until we meet again. Goodby Friend.
Roger Seymour

7 December 2017
Deepest sympathy to the Fredericks family on your loss.
Never flew with Gerry, but can still remember his very smooth handling of the brown GXL Ford Cortina - PAA 574 - on a trip to the West Coast, and as a first former, his quiet and rather serious disposition in Upper Sixth at Saints.
Our prayers are with you at this sad time.
God Bless.

Return to “Final flights...”