Maurice Bishop International Airport
St. George’s, Grenada, West Indies [Established 1985]
Telephones: (473) 444-4101/4555
Fax: (473) 444-4838
Director of Airport Operations
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Director of Operations in the Administration Department of the Grenada Airports Authority.
- Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Operations is generally accountable for ensuring that all component parts of the Airport Operations work in a manner as to optimize the efficiency of the Airport. He/She will provide leadership and ensure regulatory compliance for airside and terminal operations at Maurice Bishop International and Lauriston Airports.
- Essentially, the Director of Operations directs the day-to-day activities of the Airport. The incumbent must ensure that the various service providers perform in accordance with the Industry’s requirements for efficient airport operations in accordance with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), the Eastern Caribbean Civil Aviation Authority (ECCAA) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) standards and recommended practices. The incumbent will be expected to resolve all operating constraints and will be required to allocate resources accordingly.
- - BSc in Aviation Management or a BSc Business Management with sound knowledge of Airports Operations.
- An MSc Aviation Management Degree or a MSc in any other aviation related related discipline will be an asset.
- At least five to eight (5-8) years of airport experience at a management or executive level.
- - Computer literacy. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,)
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Superior interpersonal, coaching, communication, negotiation and consultative skills at all levels.
- Must have a good understanding of Safety Management Systems Principles for airports.
- Demonstrated commitment to health, safety and environmental policies and procedures, including the development and training of staff in these areas.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple activities; analyze situations quickly and determine proper course of action in the event of an emergency
- Act independently in the formulation and administration of policies and programs for major departments.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of relevant academic qualifications and the names of two (2) referees should be submitted to:
- Mrs. Wendy Francette-Williams
General Manager Grenada Airports Authority
P.O. Box 385
- email: email@example.com
Unsuitable candidates will not be acknowledged.
Original PDF here: http://www.mbiagrenada.com/sites/defaul ... acancy.pdf