Please resize screen shots...

FS and all the paraphenalia that goes with that habit...
bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Please resize screen shots...

Unread post by bimjim » Sun May 21, 2006

Hi, folks...

I hate to seem a spoilsport, but the images being posted are too large, both in physical size and in file size.

If you possibly can, please resize (or crop) your screen shots not to exceed the maximums of 800 wide (but 600 is preferable) and/or 570 high.

Larger than those dimensions do two things:
1. Push the width and height of the web table out past the border of the screen (requires MOST users to scroll up/down or sideways just to read the text).
2. Uses up far too much of our server space. A 256K file can easily be compressed to around 60K without any discernable loss of quality.

If you do not have the software to compress files, please see if you can find some shareware to do it, otherwise please advise me by email when you are posting - and the name of the file - and I will try to find time to do it for you.

If anyone knows of such shareware or free software, please share it here - but just the link, not the software itself!!
:lol:

Thanks much... it gives me great pleasure to provide you guys with a "home", and I hope you enjoy this Forum as much as you enjoyed the previous one!!

JJ
De Admin

kroswynd
.First Officer
.First Officer

Unread post by kroswynd » Sun May 21, 2006

Thanks for the info JJ.....apologies for the large images

K_W

JoeGons
Unranked
Unranked

Re: Please resize screen shots...

Unread post by JoeGons » Sun Sep 22, 2013

Photo Gadget is a free tool designed to eliminate the use of complicated and expensive software for simple tasks such as resizing pictures.It integrates with Windows Explorer so you will not start it like other programs. To use Photo Gadget after a successful installation, simply select your pictures in Windows Explorer, right-click on any one of them and choose the Photo Gadget Picture Resize option from the context menu. Finally, in the Photo Gadget dialog choose a new size for your pictures and click OK. A version with the user interface translated to German also is available.
If we could do it alone, we would not need each other.

bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Please resize screen shots...

Unread post by bimjim » Sun Sep 22, 2013

Thanks much for the help!

Return to “Flight Stimulator - General Discussion”