[AC] Plane makes emergency landing, gives residents a fright

News about this airline - please include a link to the source as well as the article text itself.
Web site: http://www.aircanada.com/
bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Unread post by bimjim » Thu Feb 05, 2015

http://www.nationnews.com/nationnews/ne ... nts-fright

05 February 2015

AN AIR CANADA plane, forced to return to Barbados for an emergency landing, sent several residents in its flight path scampering this evening.

Fire officials confirmed that they responded to an emergency involving the 767 aircraft that reportedly had a fire onboard.

There were about 200 people on the flight bound for Toronto, Canada around 4:30 p.m. before its unscheduled return to the Grantley Adams International Airport.

“I was here in the front house sitting down and I hear 'Murder! Murder!' and see them in the gap running so I bound to door and I say this plane real low. I turn way ... if that plane had landed nobody would have lived,” said Cicely Drayton who was visiting relatives in Ashsby Land, Christ Church at the time.

She said the Air Canada branding was clearly visible and the landing gear was out when she saw the plane around 5 p.m.

“There was nowhere to go... I see the plane real low and pilot like he was trying to raise it and he fly and went over the rest of houses ... the noise alone sounded like an impact,” recalled Drayton.

It was the second time she had such a terrifying experience in the area. She recounted being in Oistins with her mother one night several years ago when a pilot apparently mistook the road for the runway and caused major panic.

Meanwhile, Air Canada and airport officials are at the airport investigating the incident while the plane remains on the tarmac.

Return to “Air Canada - Tango - Rouge”